The other day I was looking around my cupboard to see what I had left lying around. I am a firm believer in reduce our food waste and make sure that I do not let any of my food go to waste.
The other day I say that I had some quinoa left in the cupboard that hasn’t been used, a little out of date but only a best before so will be fine. Also I saw I had some new potatoes as well as some vegetables at the bottom of my fridge. So I decided to combine the lot to make the following recipe.
- Handful of spinach
- 3 inch’s Cucumber chopped
- 2 Radish’s chopped
- Vegetable stock
- New potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Beetroot
- 1 -2 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Hummus
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Mixed Herb seasoning
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 C
- Cook the Quinoa following the packets instructions with the vegetable stock added to flavour (I cooked up half the packet so it can keep and last for lunch the following day).
- Chop up the carrots and beetroot and place in a roasting tray with the olive oil and herbs. Mix well. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in water (cook up half the packet so it lasts a couple of days and saves time cooking later in the week).
- Once all of the above has been cooked start to make the salad.
- Place the spinach on to a plate followed by the cucumber and radishes.
- Combine the roasted vegetables with the quinoa and mix well.
- Add 3-4 spoonfuls to the plate.
- Chop the potatoes in halve and add the plate too (add as many as you feel like).
- Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add.
- Cut up the avocado and add
- Top with the balsamic vinegar and hummus
Follow this link to a this video to how I assembled mine: https://goo.gl/ZGI6Tz
Feel free to add your own choice of toppings and different roasted vegetables to the mix but I hope this can help inspire you that you can make up some delightful meals at home that don’t have to cost the earth and are healthy!
I would love to know you thoughts on this recipe as well as the any others I have posted. So feel free to comment below!
Thanks again for taking the time out to read my post and I hope I’ve inspired one more vegetarian meal in the household this week!