If you are ever short of time and want a quick go to lunch option, this noodle salad is a great one. You can make it up in less than 15 minutes and enjoy for lunch or even pack it up for lunch at work the next day, goes down great cold or warm. Furthermore this recipe is so cheap that it proves that eating well doesn’t have to cost the earth. Plus, as we are using rice noodles this dish is also gluten free too!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Instant rice noodles (1 serving)
- 1/2 onion
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of frozen peas
- Handful of canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Boil some water and add to the noodles in a pan. Leave to sock while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Add the olive oil and then rub around the frying pan to coat it. This allows you to use less oil in your cooking, meaning, saving money and reducing your fat content. Fat is still fat when taking in high amounts.
- Chop the onion and fry for 5 minutes until they are soft.
- Then add the frozen peas and chickpeas.
- Add the spinach and leave to reduce. If at any point the mixture tends to stick then add some water to loosen, NOT olive oil.
- Now drain the noodles and add the pan. Keep stirring.
- Add the mustard and soy sauce and mix well until everything is combined and coasted well. Make sure the noodles have warmed through with the dish and then serve!
Hope you all enjoy this dish and if you have any suggestions to what other dishes you would like to see then please feel free to get in touch!!